Technovation

          Today was the first meeting of Technovation, marking the start of the season of the coding program geared towards encouraging girls to step up and learn core skills needed to start their own businesses. Most importantly, coding is valued in this program, encouraging girls around the world to forget about the stereotypes made about jobs and employment. Technovation strives to empower and convince girls that they can code too, and just as well as boys.
          Where do I come in in all of this? Well, I am a mentor, I was asked to help my school's Technovation group learn vital coding skills for the businesses that they would be creating themselves in the next 12 weeks. Even though I am a boy, I believe and support Technovation's motivation to empower women in code; because, my father brings me onto campus at his job, occasionally, and I never fail to notice the majority of men everywhere. Even in the city where we live, San Francsico, the sanctuary city, however you would like to call it, inequality isn't over and far from it.
           I am excited for the Technovation season that my school, and the teams that I mentor have in front of them, and I hope to help as best i can throughout the whole process.


Comments